- 1 cup wheat
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 12 dried apricots
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- Water (enough to cover)
- Topping: walnuts, cinnamon
- Soak wheat, white beans, garbanzo beans and almonds in water overnight.
- Boil the above ingredients; remove the outer shell or skin.
- Soak the raisins in boiling water until they soften.
- Put all the ingredients above (steps 1-3) in a large pot and boil. Add peanuts and almonds (peeled and cut in half) at this point.
- Chop the apricot into small pieces; add to mixture along with sugar.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy your pudding!
*These are the ingredients we chose. Feel free to experiment with other grains, fruits and nuts. Pomegranate, sesame seeds and orange peel are recommended.