IMPORTANT: INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION OF GROUP MEMBERS IS REQUIRED
- All group members must register individually using this link as soon as possible to retain their spot.
- If you plan to volunteer, you will need to click the link above to register yourself as part of the Pacifica Institute group. This is a required step!
- Group members will need to use this reservation ID when signing up: GR-15507
- Group size may be reduced to the number of registered individuals to accommodate waitlisted volunteers.
- If any individuals are below the age of 18, electronic parental permission slips will need to be completed at least 48 hours ahead of volunteering.
What should I expect?
- Watch a video for more info!
- Please arrive on time, no later than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time. Doors may be locked after the sort starts for staffing and safety reasons.
What should I wear or bring?
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and long pants
- No shorts or sleeveless shirts are permitted
- Please hide valuables (including purses and laptops) out of sight in the trunk of your car before arriving at the food bank
I need documentation of my volunteer service. What should I do?
- Tell our staff when you arrive that you need service hour documentation
- You will need to check out with staff before departing for verification
- We do not write letters, sign third-party forms, or electronically confirm hours on a third-party platform. See our volunteer timekeeping policy
What if I need to cancel?
- Please email us at email@example.com or call the Volunteer Coordinator:
- Cypress Center (San Jose): Colleen Murphy, Phone: (408) 266-8866 x247
- Bing Center (San Carlos): Veronica Torres, Phone: (650) 610-0800 x273
- Individual group members can update their registration using their personal volunteer page.
What else do I need to know?
- Minimum age to volunteer at the Food Bank is 14 years of age
- Electronic parental permission is required in advance for minors
- A parent or adult guardian must accompany youth of 14 and 15 years of age
Volunteers represent an integral part of the success of Second Harvest’s ability to help provide food to people in need in our community. Last year, volunteers contributed more than 338,000 hours of service, which more than doubled the size of our staff! We can’t do it without you.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you!
Second Harvest Food Bank Staff